I shot the BBC's News Quiz promotional images

0175_MilesJuppBBC_Clift-v3

Yes, you've heard me, I shot the BBC's News Quiz promotional images. 


It was with surprise (and upset) that I listened to Sandi Toksvig's last News Quiz on BBC's Radio 4. Her self-deprecating humour and eye for the best and funniest truths about Brits had me in fits of laughter on many trips down to my family home in Devon.

It was even with greater surprise that I received a phone call from the BBC asking if I would like to photograph the News Quiz's new presenter - Miles Jupp for some publicity images for the brand new series. I have never worked for the BBC before and getting to photograph for one of my favourite productions felt like a really great way to start a new working relationship.

I worked closely with the BBC's picture editor Anna Lenihan and we came up with way too many ideas to fit in the couple of hours I would have with Miles. Having settled for a shortlist of the best ones, I photographed Miles just down the road from BBC's headquarters in W1A. We had a couple of hours and Miles very quickly convinced me that he is a worthy successor to Sandi - quick with his jokes, observant and almost irritatingly witty. Surely the best jokes in the show are scripted? Well, we shall never know with presenters this good. Miles was a great model too - clearly enjoying ripping through paper walls that we put up for the shoot.

You can enjoy the results of our work by looking up The News Quiz on BBC iPlayer. It's even worth clicking the play button to listen to Miles, too: LINK

Thank you to Miles Jupp for being an awesome sitter and the BBC for letting me be a tiny part of one of your best shows.


0355_MilesJuppBBC_Clift v4
0530_MilesJuppBBC_Clift v3

Labels: , , , , , ,