Hong Kong

IMG_6801-Edit_Export

I recently had the pleasure of going to Hong Kong for a commission of which I can’t tell you much about yet (UPDATE: I can now - LINK). What I can, however, do is share some of my photos from the day I had to explore the city. It was my first visit to the Far East and certainly not the last one. Hong Kong is a thrilling place: hot, misty and busy. Visually stimulating on every corner - from the high rising buildings to the lively markets down below - it just begs to be captured. People are always on the move, the traffic is insane, even the lights at night put on a show.


I saw the maids (apparently the profession makes up 3% of Hongkongese population) enjoying a day off in makeshift cardboard booths, tried fish-flavoured congealed rice (tastes as interesting as it sounds) and made friends with a few locals keen to show me the best of the city. One day is not enough to capture Hong Kong, but I feel my photos show at least a glimpse of the buzzing, teeming feeling that Hong Kong will greet you with.

IMG_6764_Export
IMG_7700_Export
IMG_6789-Edit_Export
IMG_6779_Export
IMG_6914_Export
IMG_6919_Export
Nick Lovatt - A Brit abroad: Lamma Island, Hong Kong
IMG_6783_Export
IMG_6804_Export
IMG_6809_Export
IMG_6855_Export
IMG_6923_Export
IMG_6863_Export
IMG_6816_Export
IMG_6826_Export
IMG_6778_Export
IMG_7008_Export

Labels: , , , , , , ,