Sugru on the Ceiling

Jane Ní Dhulchaointigh upside down

Some ideas shout to me as a photographer, and when I was asked to photograph Jane Ní Dhulchaointigh the idea that shouted loudest was to stick her to the ceiling. Jane is the founder of Sugru, a company who make a soft rubber substance that sticks to anything. It is good in the heat and fine in the freezer, and is designed to help you repair, customise and make better the things around you. Unfortunately it isn't quite strong enough to actually hold someone on the ceiling, and more to the point the paint that it would be stuck to certainly wouldn't be. However, it probably isn't far off being strong enough but I did not want to risk it.

Here is a behind the scenes video from the day and a few more images from the shoot...



179Sugru_7_12_2012-Edit
_MG_0526-Edit

A massive thanks to all at the British Airways magazine Business Life for commissioning such a fun shoot and believing me when I said that this idea would look good. Also thanks to James and his team at Sugru for gathering together scaffolding and all the other things required to dangle someone upside down. Last but definitely not least a huge thanks to Jane for agreeing to be dangled: you rock!

Go get some Sugru here: sugru.com

--------------------
Visit my website
Follow me on twitter
Follow me on facebook

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,