Bananas everywhere

John Moloney and Dave Vickers - SW Magazine July 2012

I don't like to photograph things in the same way everyone else would. I like my pictures to be original if I can - particularly my portraits. So when asked to photograph a comedian and a comedy festival organiser in a comedy club I started searching for a way of making it different from what most people would do.

After a bit of searching around finding out about the deadpan comedian John Maloney and the Dave Vickers the founder of Banana Caberet I wasn't getting far - I had a sheet full of at least 50 shot ideas, but none of them were quite grabbing me as I would like them to. Then I realised that the answer had been staring me in the face - "Banana Caberet". You can never have too many bananas, even when you turn up to a shoot with 4kg of them...

_MG_9780_MG_9809_MG_9895

_MG_0004
_MG_0077
_MG_0057


Huge thanks to Lorraine for SW magazine for the fun commission and to John and Dave for the laughs.

Find out about the Balham Comedy Festival over here: www.balhamcomedyfestival.com
Tickets are now on sale for the shows from the 5th till the 8th of July at The Bedford.

--------------------
Visit my website
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on twitter

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,