London Europeans

Paola Buonadonna - 5606

I was warmly welcomed into Europe House in Westminster recently to photograph Mike Shackleton and Paola Buonadonna who work at the European Parliament Information Office in London. Both Mike and Paola work tirelessly to promote the European Parliament in the UK and make sure that it doesn't get misrepresented in the press.

The shoot was the commonly faced challenge - make an office look interesting. But I like a challenge! I soon found an interesting backdrop in the form of a white wall intersected with a dark blue streak: the perfect place to frame my subjects. With a couple of lights (one bouncing off the white wall behind me as a fill and a softbox as the main) I turned the rather stark office lighting into something a bit more dramatic. All that was left then was to have a good old chat with Mike and Paola and find out all about them whilst gently coaxing some different expressions out of them.

Michael Shackleton - 5550Michael Shackleton - 5576 Paola Buonadonna - 5590Paola Buonadonna - 5617
The second set of images were much easier - embracing the wonderful sun made finding nice light on the roof terrace much easier. It was a gorgeous, but cold day, so I kept the roof terrace session quick and fun. Moving Mike and Paola around a bit to get some different looks and finding my best angles.

Michael Shackleton - 5688 Paola Buonadonna - 5713 Paola Buonadonna - 5671 Michael Shackleton and Paola Buonadonna - 57725632

A big thanks to them both for being so great in front of my lens.
Enjoy!


--------------------
Visit my website
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on twitter